Wrinkles are fine lines that appear on your skin over time either due to age or other factors that affect the skin. There are various ways of eliminating or reducing wrinkles, but our focus in this article is on the natural ways. It is good to be aware that your wrinkles might not completely disappear, but the gradual application of the natural tips listed below for reducing wrinkles can smooth them and boost your confidence thereby improving how you feel about your skin.
People should realize that taking care of wrinkles naturally is not expensive and involves no cream. For example, when you engage yourself in having adequate sleep, hydrating yourself properly, and avoiding sun exposure goes a long way in reducing wrinkles. Try to engage yourself with these health tips, and you’ll be happy that you did.
1. Try To Avoid The Sun. Research studies have proved that avoiding the direct impact of sun rays on the skin, particularly on the face helps a great deal in preventing or reducing wrinkles. Dr. Darrick Antell, MD a New York plastic surgeon found out that sun exposure is of more concern than heredity when it comes to wrinkles.
2. Try To Wear Sunscreen. Preventing or reducing wrinkles is made easy by wearing sunscreen. It shields the eyes and protects them from the direct impact of sun rays. And because the facial skin is ben protected, dehydration will not take place. And this causes the skin of the face to keep its moisture and elasticity, thus enabling smooth facial skin. While wearing sunscreen helps us to prevent wrinkles, it also protects against facial skin cancer.
3. Try To imit Your Rate Of Smoking Or Don't Smoke At All. People have various reasons why they smoke. Some claim that it motivates them to action which acts like a stimulus, and to some, it is just a habit that they get used to. The act of exhaling a cigarette while smoking produces smoke that covers the pores of the facial skin. And the continuous act of smoking thus affects the functionality of pores on the facial skin. The reaction to these effects causes wrinkles.
Research has shown that an enzyme that breaks down collagen and elastin which is an important component of the skin is found common in cigarette smokers and this can age the skin and causes wrinkles.
4. Try To Get Adequate Sleep.
Human Growth Hormone (HCG) helps the skin to maintain its functionality, and it enables it to remain thick, more elastic, and less likely to cause a wrinkle. These hormones are easily produced when the body has enough rest through adequate sleep. But inadequate sleep makes the body to produces an excess hormone called cortisol, and this hormone because of the excess in the body can break down skin cells.
5. Try To Practice Sleeping On Your Back. According to the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), research has shown that sleeping in certain positions every day might lead to what is called sleep lines or wrinkles. Also, continuous sleeping on your side increases the chances of having wrinkles on your cheeks and chin, while sleeping face-down gives you a furrowed brow. The American Academy of Dermatology, therefore, suggests that sleeping on your back is one of the best ways to reduce wrinkles.
6. Try To Avoid Squinting. Any repetitive facial movement like squinting can form a groove beneath the skin's surface. Reading glasses with a good focal length will correct the issue of squinting, thus eliminating the possibility of developing wrinkles.
7. Consumption Of Rich Source Of Omega-3. Consumption of a particular set of fish like salmon along with other cold-water fish is a great source of protein and also an awesome source of an essential fatty acid known as omega which acts as one of the building blocks of great skin helping to reduce wrinkles. Also, consuming foods rich in vitamin C like tomatoes may keep your skin looking healthy and helps to prevent wrinkles.
8. Try To Trade Coffee for Cocoa. Researchers found cocoa contains high levels of Epicatchin and Catechin which helps to protect the skin from sun damage. It also improves blood circulation to skin cells, thus affecting hydration which indirectly makes the skin look and feel smoother.
9. Try To Eat More Fruits & Vegetables. Fruits and vegetables contain antioxidant compounds which help to fight damage caused by free radicals. This antioxidant because of its action helps the skin to look younger and more radiant. It also protects the skin from the effects of photo-aging.
10. Try To Stay Hydrated. Drinking enough water daily helps your system to function properly. And when it comes to the issue of skin maintenance, dehydration can cause wrinkles due to the loss of fluids from the body without replacement, especially during hot weather.
11. Don't over-wash your face. Naturally, the skin is protected with oils and moisture which helps protect against wrinkles. When you wash your face too often, you wash away this natural protection. And this allows other factors that cause wrinkles to manifest.