Water is one of the creative abilities of God that helps man to live on the planet earth. Water surrounds us and as humans, it is used for different kinds of purposes. Drinking water apart from various uses of water cannot be over-emphasized. Water consumption is very important for our well-being because it helps our cells and tissues of the body to function well.
Drinking water, apart from enhancing general sound health and making the body healthy and fit, can also help in losing weight. It is even advisable to drink around 8 – 10 glasses of water every day to keep your body healthy and fit. Some schools of thought also believe that if you drink warm water with lemon, helps you lose weight.
Water is the basic element required for the survival of all living things. About 55% of our body weight consists of water, and that is the reason we need to consume a sufficient amount of water or fluid every day to maintain our electrolyte balance. Drinking water also benefits us in the sense that it flushes out toxins from the body and also helps in food metabolism.
Techniques For Using Water Therapy To Achieve Weight Loss: The procedure for using water to achieve weight loss is very simple and easy. The following steps should be adhered to strictly for better results.
- Try to have a sound sleep at night with a relaxed mind, so that you wake up in the morning with a positive and trouble-free mind.
- Before you brush your teeth or go to the washroom, try to drink a minimum of 400-600ml of water.
- Don’t make the mistake of brushing your teeth before drinking water. Let the process of brushing your teeth begin after drinking water.
- Try to avoid consuming anything for at least 45 minutes after drinking the water. This time frame is been considered the optimal best time for water to work inside your body.
- You’re free to take your breakfast after a lapse of 45 minutes of drinking water.
- To achieve the best results, avoid eating anything for at least 2 hours after meals.
- The positive effect of this water therapy, if done regularly and religiously will start manifesting within two or three months.
These Are The Reasons Why Drinking Water Can Help You Lose Weight:
1. Water Has The Ability To Naturally Suppress Appetite:
Anytime the stomach is full, there is always a signal sent to the brain that eating should cease. Water has the capacity of taking up space in the stomach after drinking thus making you feel that you’re full and thereby reducing hunger.
Some people mistakes hunger for thirst. They might be hungry; while the actual truth is that they’re thirsty. It is advisable to drink a glass of water before reaching for something to eat as this can help to prevent unnecessary snacking. In 2014, research studies were conducted on 50 overweight females. They were asked to drink 500mls of water 30 minutes before having their breakfast, lunch, and dinner. This was in addition to their daily regular water consumption. And they were to do this for 8 consecutive weeks.
The result was that the overweight females experienced (a) appetite suppression, (b) a reduction in body weight, (c) reduced body fat, and (c) reduced body mass index after the 8 weeks of studies.
2. Drinking Water Increases Calorie Burning: Drinking 500mls of either cold or room temperature water has been proven to increase your energy expenditure. When we drink cold water, it can enhance water’s calorie-burning benefits in our system in the sense that the body expends energy or calories by heating the water for digestion.
3. Drinking Water Helps To Remove Waste From The Body:
Drinking water helps to keep the food waste products moving along the alimentary canal by softening or loosening hardened stools. Water is a good tool for recovery when it comes to diarrhea and indigestion.
When waste builds up in the body without proper excretion, apart from the clinical implication of what will result from it, people might be bloated thus causing an increase in weight. Staying hydrated is a good way to maintain your weight.
4. Drinking Water Can Reduce Your Overall Liquid Calorie Intake:
Drinking soda, juice, sweetened coffee or tea, or any energy drink can easily add calories to your system thus leading to weight gain. But you don’t know the benefits you’ll achieve if you can only replace a few high-calorie drinks each day with water or other no-calorie beverages. The long time effect is weight loss.
5. Drinking Water Helps To burn Fat:
Drinking water helps the body’s system to burn fats and metabolize stored fats and carbohydrates in the body. Lipolysis which is the process of metabolizing fat happens when water molecules interact with triglycerides (fats) to create glycerol and fatty acids.
Drinking adequate water every day either before or after food is a very good instrument for burning off fat from food and drink, as well as stored fat.
6. Water Helps With Workouts: Because water is one of the important components of the body, it helps smooth the interaction of muscle cells during exercise. Water helps to reduce the risk of things that can get in the way of a good workout, such as muscle cramps and fatigue. It is advisable to drink water before, during, and after exercise to avoid dehydration.