No matter how busy you are, please try to observe all these to remain healthy:
A person aged 65 years or more is often referred to as being 'elderly', and because the aging process that leads to being elderly is a biological reality that is dynamic, and largely beyond human control, it is important to discuss how our elders can create and maintain good health for themselves without stress.
Elders should try and maintain the following health tips.
- Add less milk to your tea, you can add lemon or lime juice
- Drinks more water during the day, and drink less water at night.
- Elders should reduce their coffee consumption, or if possible elders should stop it completely.
- Oily food is not the best for elders. They should eat less oily foods.
- Sleep is like a tonic to the body. The daily requirement at night is 8 hours, preferably between 10 pm and 6 am.
- Control your eating habit, and try to eat little or nothing after 5 or 6 pm.
- Avoid taking medicines with cold water but with warm, and make sure you take your medicines half an hour before going to bed. Avoid lying down immediately after taking your medicine.
- Create a time for a siesta for an hour and a half between noon and 3 pm. This help to relieve stress and keep you younger and fresh reducing aging.
- It is safer to answer calls with your left ear rather than your right ear because when you use your right ear, it will directly hurt your brain. If possible, using earphones to answer calls is better.
Two things to check often: Monitoring these two items once in a while depending on your health status is both necessary and important.
- Your blood pressure
- Your blood sugar.
Reduce these six things in your diet:
- Preserved meat and foods
- Red meat especially roasted
- Dairy products
- Starchy products
Increase these four things in your diet:
To live healthily & have peace of mind, you need to forget these three things:
- Your age
- Your past
- Your worries/grievances
Four things you must have, no matter your condition:
- Positive thoughts.
- A warm home.
- Caring family.
- Friends who truly love you.
Seven healthy lifestyles you need to practice:
- Fasting depends on your state of health.
- Have sex often with your love
- Reduce your weight.
Six things to avoid:
- Try to avoid waiting till you are hungry before
- Avoid waiting till you are thirsty before
- Avoid waiting till you are sleepy to sleep
- Avoid waiting till you feel tired to rest
- Avoid waiting till you get sick to go for medical check-ups. Prevention is better than cure.
- Avoid waiting till you have a problem before you pray to God.
Those who are hungry look for food to eat. When you’re hungry for good health, you'll get good health. Health is wealth.